Sunday 25 August 2013

Reflection .

Well, it was a usual day. I could hear the kitchen cluttered with plates. That was my pseudo alarm .  
6:30 am.
I began to get ready to leave for my class ,which is 20 minutes walk from my hostel.
Corridors was filled with  giggling , chatting ,humming and shouting. Slippers screeching on the floor. The non-living things also contributed to the whole scenario: the windows rattled and the doors clanged .In the bathrooms, the water splashed onto the floor and  the colorful buckets  lined up near the taps.
Few girls shooed the kittens away .
The tiny birds tweeting in the trees added to the pandemonium.
I just had to sharpen the pencil (as I use that instrument extensively  till today)and leave for my  class. Whilst doing so, my neighbor  told me that she hadn't heard that sound (of the sharpener) since her school.
As much as she was astonished, I was too.
Her comment, made me think.
In old days, pencils were  sharpened by whittling  with knives, then came the pencil sharpeners. 
Gradually , the electric pen sharpeners were introduced. And now the mechanical pencils have replaced these.
But what are we actually doing ?
The whole system runs on this particular aspect.
We are all following the method of relegating .
The question is ,if it is inevitable?



.






No comments:

Post a Comment